Thursday, February 28, 2008

Y'all ready for this?!?

Okay I know I am a horrible blogger! Beware...this blog will be filled with like 36 pictures or something like that and a couple of stories at the end. They are worth it, though!
Okay, Let's get started!



James & a messy sucker

A cute picture of Baer playing with his feet.


James modeling his underwear...I swear I didn't pose him.



Loving brothers!



James was playing outside (beginning of Feb.) and would pull his jacket over his head like this for a "hat".



This is Baer just before taking him to get his 6 mo. checkup and shots :(


A never-ending project!! I'm trying to re-do the horrible cabinets that the painter messed up. This is in the middle of stripping some of them...that was a mess!


Baer was swinging and James likes to come sit on his lap. Baer doesn't seem to mind...he'll even laugh a lot of the time.

I just thought this one was cute...both in blue & white stripes.

Valentine's Day: We got a babysitter and went out to dinner and a movie. It was very nice to have a date just the two of us!

Still in love!

We had Sasha & Niels over to hang out and the boys bbq'd some hamburgers and steaks for us. James liked Sasha's boots and kept saying "I'm a bear...rahhr!!"

James (the bear) getting Sasha!



Stretching, I guess??


James likes to play in boxes and tubs. I brought up a tub of my clothes from the basement to see if they fit yet (which they don't & I'm pretty upset about it)...anyway...James dumped it out so that he could play in it. I think he's telling me to put the lid on in this picture...at least he's not afraid of the dark!!

Poor James...he got his shots, too. In this picture Spencer pulled a little on the band-aid and it upset James. After I took the picture Spencer pulled it off quickly. James said that was better but it still hurt.


Nothing is as good of a "cure all" as ICE CREAM!! Spencer took James to his appointment because I didn't want to see him get his shots since Spence was home. Spencer told him if he was a good boy he'd get ice cream afterwards. When the doctor came in James kept saying "Daddy tell HIM I love ice cream!" The doctor looked around (which she was the only one in there) and said..."Me?? I'm no him!!" He gets "him" and "her" mixed up. He refers to Daddy as "her", too.

I really like this picture. I didn't tell him to do that, either.

Okay...soft, James!

James likes to play with Baer and sometimes I'm not sure where he gets these ideas. I was unloading the dishwasher and thought I'd check on the boys and this is what I found...


Can you see him?


At least he's happy!


Spencer's computer was silver and the paint was wearing out where he rests his hands. He got a new hard drive and put vista on it instead of windows so he felt like he had a new computer if it weren't for the outward appearance. He taped it off and painted it red. You should see it now that he pealed off the tape. He did a really good job! We are getting pretty experienced when it comes to these paint jobs though (like his motorcycle helmet that I so cleverly designed & taped & Spencer painted)

James likes to play pretend. He'll pretend he's anything!! He came downstairs the other day and said "Look at me, I'm Mommy now!" It's actually one of Spencer's shirts and his body is throught the arm and his leg is through the neck hole. It looks like a dress on him, though :) I thought it was pretty cute/funny!


There is a recall on Baer's crib so he has been sleeping in his bassinette (sp?) which is getting a little small. He kicks around and smashes his face into the side of it...this is NOTHING compared to how I usually find him.


I remember seeing a picture of James's cousin, Kailyn, nursing her doll or stuffed animal or something. I thought it was so funny...I watched James get his teddy bear, sit down in the spot I usually nurse Baer, hold him like in the picture and say "Mommy, I'm feeding baby bear!".


Baer was next to me...playing with his feet and entertaining himself the other day on the couch and kicked himself into this position. I hurried an took a picture after I made sure he wasn't going to fall. See next picture of James doing the same thing as a baby!!


CLONES!! I swear!! This is James, not Baer...




Close up and getting a little cross-eyed...


Another one of James...don't they look so much alike as babies??



I'm sure ALL of you Moms have similar stories. I don't think I'll even explain since you all know how it goes...


I'll just tell you that what he is getting into is hair wax...like pomade.
He told me it was lotion...


He had it all over and that stuff is thick! I decided to just give him a bath since I was having a hard time wiping it off. Spencer had just showered him, too! This is James pretending to sleep on the bath pillow...the water is pretty shallow, don't worry :)


It's still in his hair.


Something cute James has been doing lately...

When he gets in trouble and I say "time out, James" he says "I just want to listen!". Well, lately after his time out he has been saying "Mommy, I ALMOST want to listen!" Isn't that so cute?

Everything is "almost" lately. Spencer watched him last night while I went to knitting group and James had gone to the "pottie" by himself and put his underwear back on afterwards...only he didn't wipe very well. Some of you know from a previous blog that Spencer has a very sensitive gag reflex when it comes to the kids diapers or James going "stinky". Spencer gave James some wipes to clean up for a minute and Spencer had to rush outside to get some fresh air & try to prevent losing his dinner. He couldn't clean James up so he just stuck him in the shower "for like 30 minutes". He went up to check on him again and said "James, are you ready to get out?" Of course, James said "No, almost done". Spencer felt the water and it was COLD & James was playing right in it. Spencer said "James, It's time to get out now, it's cold" ...James reluctantly said "okay...".

Ahh...I have wonderful kids. They sure do keep me BUSY and laughing!!

10 comments:

Diane said...

SUCH cute boys you have all three of them. I remember the days when Spencer and the girls got into things. It is just about life...they are curious. How fun....Love Grandma

Stacy and Matthew said...

Cute pics Jackie, I wanted to mention to you that the little nacy onsie that baer was wearing Tristan has the same one! Tristan is starting to walk along the furniture now so maybe next time you see him he will be walking! Matthew's birthday is this weekend and we are going bowling and having pizza.Looks like you are a very busy mommy hope things are well and I will talk with you later.
Luv Ya!

Lynn said...

Thanks so much, Jackie. It was worth the wait. I love all the pictures, and you really are a good-looking bunch! Miss you,
MomBa

Michelle said...

Cute pictures!

Sherydon said...

Jackie i love seeing all the pictures, your boys are adoreable!!

KyleandAmanda said...

Cute pics! I love that James got into your hair wax. Thats pretty funny! Baer and James really do look a lot alike! I hope we will talk soon!!! Tell Spencer happy belated birthday! Have fun celebrating this weekend!

Katie said...

Haha, those are adorable pictures!! Thank you for updating!!

Shelly and Ken said...

So many cute pictures. So fun to hear your stories and hear how you guys are all doing. Sounds like you are having lots of fun and the boys are getting into lots a trouble.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

How fun to see all those pics and the funniest stories (even though I heard them last night) and Behr has changed so much... he totally looks like James!

The Laidlaws said...

These pics are all SO cute! You take awesome photos. Your little boys are so handsome, I can't believe how big Baer is! And James looks like such a sweet big brother.