Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEN!!

Our plan for Halloween this year was to go to Whole Foods, trick or treat to the different sections of the store then to come home. Spencer then was going keep Baer and hand out treats while I took James trick or treating. This is what we have done every year we have been in Kansas.

I told Spencer I wanted some pictures before we left so he started taking some pictures of me with the boys since he wasn't wearing his costume. Our friend and neighbor Erika and her daughter Lauren came over for a minute so I had Spencer get a couple with just the kids. Erika offered to take one with Spencer in there too, and I said yes but you'll have to ask Spencer. He knew it was important to me so he reluctantly agreed.

Here is the family picture...it turned out GREAT! Thanks, E!

Erika also go a really cute picture of Baer while we were getting ready for the picture.


Here is the picture of the kids.

Just some cute James moments:

James asked me what Daddy was going to be for Halloween this year. Spencer has been really busy with studying since this is his hardest trimester so he wasn't going to dress up. He was wearing a plaid shirt (see picture) so I told James he was going to be a lumberjack. He was content with that.

When someone asked James what HE was going to be for Halloween he'd say... "A GHOST PIRATE with my Mommy!" and then he'd put his arm around my shoulders (I was crouched down).

James: "Mommy, can I have a piece of candy?"
Mom: "No James...you didn't eat your food"
James: "Yeah, I didn't eat my food all gone so I don't deserve some candy."

Yesterday the neighbors had a garage sale and our friends next door had some fun boy toys. James was very interested so I told him he could get his "money ball" (it's a soccor ball bank) and he could pick something out to buy with his own money. He picked out an 8 or so inch Mustang car, a tool belt with tools and a button that made it talk to you, and a stacking rings (but stars instead of rings that light up and make music) for Baer. He paid $2.25 for all.

Mom: "James do you want __(?)__"
James: "Yes, Mom. I certainly do."

Trick or treating was a pleasure this year with James. Last year I told him to say trick or treat at all the houses but he was too shy half the time and I had to say it for him. This year he got it. He knew after I told him one time that we go to the houses with porch lights on, knock and then stand back so they could open the screen, and when they did to say "trick or treat!". He would see a house with a ton of lights on and say "Can we go to THAT Halloween?" I would say "sure" and then he'd say "OKAY, that would be SO nice". He was very polite and would say "thank you" and when his bucket was getting heavy he would ask "Mommy, can you please take a turn?". He loved seeing all the Halloween decorations and would ask "Mommy, why is that pumpkin mad?" or he would say "That's not a scary pumpkin, it's a nice one". He would also say things like "that's not scary, it's just pretend". James also sang/chanted a song from Dora : "Halloween, Halloween, Trick or Treat, Our costumes can't be beat!!" while we were going to the next place. By the time we went around the block and back to our home his "scary jackolantern" was FULL.

Mom: "You are frustruating me today, James"
James: "Yeah, but that's not nice."
Mom: "Then why are you doing it?"
James: "Because it's my favorite job to do."

Comming up next:
Updates on Baer

14 comments:

The Bassetts said...

I love the family picture! Some of the things kids say are so cute and funny - I'm glad you shared.
Carissa

Deanna said...

Your family is so cute!!! I love your costumes - especially the lumberjack costume - that's Ryan's kind of costume, too!

JoLee said...

Awesome post Jackie. It sounds like your Halloween turned out great.

Rapp Family said...

What great pictures. You are very talented. I need to learn more about photography, and buy a good camera too! I love the costumes. You all look so good together. Baer's eye look great too! I'm anxious to hear more about him. Glad to see you had a fun Halloween! Take care, Mandi

Stacy said...

Too cute! I love the monkey costume.

This should link you to the blog where you can find a cupcake lollipop recipe.

bakerella.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

What a cute Halloween family. And YOU are the hot mama!

Brenda said...

This year was our first very fun halloween also. Isn't it fun when the kids get real excited!

Unknown said...

Baer is getting so big! I love his outfit. Hailey is getting to the age where she is starting to say some pretty funny things. glad James enjoyed it this year!

Katie said...

I LOVE THE FAMILY PICTURE!! It turned out great! Also, I can't get over how cute and funny James is..thanks for the quotes..they had me laughing!

Sarah Oman said...

Sooo cute!!! I can't wait until Evie gets to do all that stuff!

KyleandAmanda said...

It is so fun when they start getting excited for the holidays! The boys look so cute in their costumes!

Michelle said...

Love the pictures! James cracks me up! He says the funniest and cutest things.

paulandcherisvreeken said...

I love your photo's!! You're boys are adorable!!! I hope you had a fun Halloween. It was the best thing ever to take Riann around. I can't wait until she actually knows what's going on!!!

You guys are soo cute!!! I hope things are great!!!

Anonymous said...

wow what cute kids in cute costumes!! i love halloween, its always so adorable to see the kids all dressed up!! i have only dressed up once since i have had kids and i hope to do it more in the future.