Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I love Baer's expression in this one.

We were invited to go to some friends of ours for Thanksgiving but we had plans to have some of our other friends over for Thanksgiving. They ended up going out of town so we had a ton of food for our family of four. Spencer got up with the kids in the morning and I slept in a little. When I got up he and Baer laid down for a nap while I started on dinner. 6 hrs later we had our Thanksgiving dinner and all said what we were thankful for.

Jackie: Such a wonderful family and a wonderful husband who understands me, helps me, and supports me in all that I do (summed up).
Spencer: That we have a house of our own, that we are so blessed to have the opportunity to be here & for him to be able to go to school, a wife who does so much around the house even though he knows it isn't easy (that's really what he said), James who is so smart, and Baer who is so much fun (summed up).
James: "I'm glad that you go to school too." (to Spencer)
Spencer: Why? So you can stay home and be with/play with Mommy every day?
James: Yeah...
Baer: I don't mean to put words in his mouth, but I think he's thankful for yogurt, milk, and a fun family. :)

I had Spencer come help me put the turkey on the serving platter and it was so moist that it was falling off the bone. When we tried to get it onto the platter, the whole rearend came off, so that's how we served it. No carving needed, the meat came right off!






Yes, I did end up going shopping this morning but after I looked through all the ads and decided which was most important to me I decided on just getting up when I woke up. I was pretty sure what I wanted would still be there later.

I have a goal to start running regularly again so this is what I got:
(bear with my cheesiness)





Then I realized that my toenails totally matched my outfit!!
I was SO meant to have this new running outfit! :)
(No comments on the finger-toes)

The End, Thanks for peeking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that food looks yummy!! how did you cook your turkey, share your secret! what is that bowl of marshmellos? it looks great too! sounds like a lot of fun, relaxed and fun!

Shannon said...

LOVE your running outfit Jackie. Good luck with that! Your food looks so darn delicious.

JoLee said...

Those pictures remind me of when I was in high school we were all about wearing shorts over our tights. In fact, we wouldn't be caught dead wearing tights without shorts like the sprinters did. However, that outfit is way cooler than the running clothes I used to wear in high school when all we had was cotton shirts and stuff. Workout clothes have certainly improved over the years.