Thursday, May 8, 2008

Yesterday's MRI

So...Baer had his MRI yesterday. Here's about how it went.

Spencer stayed up and fed Baer at 2:30 am (bless him). With his full tummy he slept up until it was about time to go. After a few set backs, like getting lost & going back or paperwork, we finally made it there at 9:15am.
Baer started getting pretty grumpy when the nurses were trying to find veins for the IVs and preparing him for the MRI. I started singing his favorite songs which usually calm him down rather immediately. After about 6 songs or so I stopped to just talk to him and they both told me "Don't Stop Singing!"
Here's a picture I took with my phone of his foot...he looks like he's wearing a cast. They had something taped to the bottom of his foot...to keep him from bending it I'm guessing?

I didn't look too long but I couldn't find a good picture of a baby in the MRI so here is one with some lady :)

They told me then to give him some kisses and they would take him in. I knitted while I was waiting in the waiting room for about 45 minutes or so when the told me I could go back. I could hear him crying all the way down the hall. He was having a hard time waking up but they told me I could hold him and he stopped crying. I fed him a little apple juice and he LOVED that but still didn't want to really wake up. They told me that he kept fighting the medicine that they gave him so they had to give him a lot to get him to go under. In fact the nurse said "several doses of each" (3 different kinds). I wasn't very fond of that idea but I guess what was done, was done!

I took him home and he slept all day. I guess he needed to sleep off the medicine.

Today he is back to normal! We got a call from the eye clinic telling us that his eye doctor had to have emergency surgery and we have to reschedule his next appointment. They wanted to reschedule for June! I told her that it was supposed to be a follow up for the MRI and she put one of the other doctors on the phone.

The MRI was read NORMAL, yay!!

Thank you all for all your prayers and fasting! I think it really helped. Baer was so strong and he did very well.

10 comments:

Katie said...

I am SO glad that everything went ok! Are there any other follow-ups that you still need to do? Give him a hug from us!

Ashley Wray said...

So happy everything looks good. No fun to have to put your kids through any of that!

Unknown said...

So happy to hear everything went well! What a hard thing to go through, hope everything is good from here on out!

Shelly said...

What a relief! So glad to hear it was normal. It is always scary when your kids have to undergo testing.

Shannon said...

I'm so happy this ordeal is over and that it was normal!

Kenna said...

I'm glad everything went well. I bet that was difficult to have to see him go through all that!:(

Anonymous said...

you are so so very strong jackie! it is so hard to see our kids get shots let alone what your little boy went through! so glad it turned out good,poor little guy.

KyleandAmanda said...

I am so glad! What a scary experience! Poor little Bear! I bet you are so glad to have that over with! Hope you had a good mother's day!

Mommy Blogs said...

Hey there!!! It's Cheris!! I just wanted to let you know about something I started. I'm trying to get a community of moms (past, present, and future moms) together online so we can rely on each other for great advice and fun stories. I would love it if you wanted to join and contribute to the group. I started a blog under the link momblogclub.blogspot.com. Check it out and see if your interested. If there is anything you would like posted as a main topic please let me know by emailing me at momblogclub@gmail.com.

I hope you'll join us. And please tell your friends!!! We want anyone who would like to to participate!!!

PS. I hope your little guy is doing well. It sounds like it was a pretty rough day for all of you!!! We just got our first set of real shots and that was kind of hard for me I can' imagine what this experience was like. I hope you guys are all going great and healing up nicely!!!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I'm so happy he is ok. He is such a cutey! I bet that was hard for you. Thanks again for the diapers, its weird having them in our house!