Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kitchen

Before: Just the boat picture in the barnwood frame (yeah, I know...boring).
After: See picture.
This picture is just to show that the blue frame's shutters open...yes I'm planning on putting pictures in them.

The shelf is one that Spencer made for me for our first christmas. It is made out of barnwood from the Burnett Ranch in Redlodge/Luther, Montana. I LOVE it and we haven't had it up since we have been in our house. It was on my "to do" list and today I finally got 'er up! I got the decorations from Michael's this morning for WAY cheap...they were on sale. :)

What do you think? I'm wondering if it looks balanced (does something need to go behind the "Relax" sign?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I think it looks GREAT! I really like the color and decor. It looks well balanced to me, don't change and thing! Seeing everyone's updates on their houses makes me feel left behind! I have so much to do. I have Tristan's room, the kitchen and living room. The kitchen and living room is going to take a while since it is all open together and so we are having a hard time deciding on colors that blend well together. We have a bright blue and neon green in the kitchen and a saige green and brown in the living room. ANy suggestions? Sorry the comment is so long!

KyleandAmanda said...

Jackie you did such a good job! I am also proud of your speediness! Don't you have more decorations for the kitchen? I love the blue frame with the shutters! I always love the feeling after you finish up a little project like that!

Sherydon said...

Jackie, you did great! It looks so cute and i love that Spencer made that out of barnwood from your ranch!! How fun!! Nick and I almost went to redlodge while we were in cooke city but decided not to!! Dont change a thing, it looks great!!

Shannon said...

I think this looks relaxing and inviting and warm. Good job Jackie! So talented. Someday when I have a house I'll call you for decorating advice!

Brenda said...

Very cute, and i think it looks perfect!bren

The Bassetts said...

Love the picture. It looks great colors and all.
REED