Friday, June 6, 2008

Five Facts about Baer

Baer was tagged by my friend Amanda a little while ago, so here are five things about Baer.


1. Baer is 10 months old and is still not crawling and is barely sitting up (he's not even very good at that yet)! He's a lazy boy. He can push himself up with his arms, but it's into a "girl's push up" position instead of on his hands and knees. When we try to help him to his hands and knees he stiffens up straight as a board to the point that he shakes slightly because he is tensing his muscles so hard. He did this the other day at a friends house and we had a good laugh.


2. When Baer is excited he laughs and shakes his head really fast like he's saying no, but it's just part of his chuckle. I would also have to add to this one that he has a really great laugh! One Sunday I was giving a talk and he was in the very back of the overflow with Spencer. Baer was holding a container of those baby snacks that dissolve in your mouth, he kept pulling the container to his nose and would laugh hysterically. I could hear him from the stands it was so cute. He loves to have his nose poked. It cracks him up for some reason.


3. Baer LOVES music! His favorite song is I am a Child of God. He can be screaming and I'll start singing it to him and he will instantly stop, look me in the eyes, and listen intently. He also loves it when James sings to him. Last night he was having a hard time going to sleep and Spencer heard James in there saying "shhhh, shhhh" (in a calming voice, not like QUIET!) and then he (James) started singing to him. It worked! Bear just stopped and listened to James sing.


4. Baer is a very content baby. I am always getting comments like..."Is he ALWAYS this good?"...and yes, he usually is. Like every baby he has his moments but for the majority, he is a very happy and content baby. I am very blessed!


5. Baer's skin has an yellow-orange hue. Some of the many other comments I always get are "He's VERY yellow...does he have jaundice?" or those who know us/him better say "Wow, what did he have for dinner/lunch?" When we first noticed it I asked his pediatrician and she said it was just from his food. I feed him a LOT of green foods like broccoli, green beans, and peas but I do also feed him squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, etc. He just soaks in those yellow-orange foods!

6 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

Sweet little Baer! He is so handsome. Kasen use to have a yellow tint to his skin too. People were always asking questions about it. He soaked up the yellow orange foods. You guys have a good weekend!

Stacy said...

So cute! Thank for sharing those facts. How is he doing now by the way? Hope you have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

he is such a cutie!! every baby sure is different, thats what makes each one so much fun!!

Rapp Family said...

What a cute little boy. I can't imagine having a 10 month old that's not moving around! Our kids are all WALKING at 9-10 months. Life would be really different if they would just be content sitting still. It was fun looking through your pictures and Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you got your favorite ice cream treat. I can totally relate. Take care!

Gertsch Family said...

What a sweet little boy. It is nice that he is so content! Griff didn't start crawling till he was 12 months. It's kind of nice huh?

Laighton and Katie said...

Hey Jackie! Your family is so cute! I'm glad I joined the blog band-wagon, it's kinda fun. And addicting :) Talk to ya soon!