Monday, June 23, 2008

And so it begins...

I just have to tell a couple of stories about James.

Not too long ago I was folding sheets in the livingroom with James. I pulled the sheet up to myself to find the edges and James gave a little chuckle and said "Mommy, are you Jesus?" He caught me completely off guard and I said "No..." Then I did it again and he asked me the same question with the same response. The next load of laundry came out of the dryer and I wrapped them around him so he could feel the warmth and he said "Ahh...yeah. I can be Jesus."

This next story is about a typical boy (James). Not 10 minutes ago I was in the bathroom with James waiting for him to finish so I could take him to bed and he said:
j: "Mommy, can you hear that stinky in your ear?"
J: "Yes." (Almost to laugh but impressed that he remembered that you hear with your ear).
j: "Mommy, does a big stinky fit in my ear?"
J: "No" (This is when I thought exactly "And so it begins...")
j: "Does a little stinky fit in my ear?"
J: "No, James. Stinkies don't go in your ear."

7 comments:

Sherydon said...

Oh my heck Jackie!! That was too cute!! I needed that laugh!! I love it!! You seemed to handle it quite well!! THanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! Your so sweet!!

KyleandAmanda said...

Boys and there stinkies! James is so hilarious! You guys are going to need to watch out for him! Hope you guys have a good week!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

He is cute!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh....that's hilarious! james sure is cute!

The Bassetts said...

Boys!!!! Guess what? Alan actually told me he had to go poop the other day. We are potty training again so I was really excited.

Anonymous said...

ha! kids are so sweet and innocent! saige is going to the temple on saturday, just the temple grounds and she was asking questions, one of them was garments, she knew daddy wore them, so she had asked me if i had made underwear promises too! she is 9 and i think she is growing so fast, then she says things like that and i realize she is still a little girl!

Shannon said...

Haha, this is too funny. I love when people post about things their kids said.