Saturday, January 9, 2010

Updates on Baer mostly

For one of my Christmas presents Spencer took my computer apart and fixed it. He put a terabytes worth of memory in it and an extra cd drive. We haven't hooked it up yet since we have been home because we are debating where we should put it. I don't use it as much when it is down in the cold and spidery basement so I want it upstairs....somewhere...but where?? Anyway...the point is that all my pictures are on that computer so that is why I don't have pictures to post.

Here's a picture I pulled off my email of Baer.

This last Monday Baer had an appointment with a geneticist. He has been on the waiting list for months and we finally got in! They basically asked all about my family and Spencer's family and a ton of questions about Baer. To make a long story short...they took 4 vials of blood (and the lady dug around quite a bit with the needle the whole time the blood was going into the vials...WHY? Poor guy) and are sending them in for some genetic testing.

They are testing him for Angelman Syndrome and Mowat-Wilson Syndrome. We don't hear back for 4-6 weeks. I am not a patient person. I wanna know last year!

I will update when we hear back.

2 comments:

Braydan and Jessica said...

That stinks not knowing what it is. I've never heard of those syndromes. You'll have to fill us in when you find out.

The Bassetts said...

I am glad you finally got in with the geneticist. It will be nice either to know if it is a genetic disease or not.
How was your trip to Billings? Our cheese fondue turned out pretty good, although chocolate is always my favorite!
Carissa
ps, good job on the new posts!