Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Goals

Wow, back to the blogging board!

Can you believe it is already 2010?

While in Montana this past extended Holiday I was sitting with my sister-in-law while she was going through some of her old journals and such. She read a few of her entries a loud and I chuckled as she read "I know it's been a while since I have written..." (or something much to that effect) because it is a phrase that is well known in all forms of my journals.

So...in keeping up with my reputation...

I know it's been a while since I have written. Many excuses come to mind, but I'll just have to try to pick up where I left off and catch myself up. It is important for me to keep a record of my family so I will just have to do a better job in the future. Before I go back and retrace those steps though, I would like to post my goals/things I would like to work on, for the new year.

In no particular order:

I would like to do better at my journaling/blogging/family photobooking. My mother-in-law gave me a very thoughtful gift for Christmas that should help to keep up with this a little more. There was a lot of time and thought put into this gift and I can't wait to try it out.

I would like to do better at reading not only a book for book club every month, but a book from my "to read" list as well.

I need to do better at personal prayer, making sure we have Family Home Evenings that include a lesson, and scripture study. These things always have room for improvement for me.

I would like to organize my house in a way that can allow for easier (I say easier instead of easy to keep things realistic) clean-up/staying on top of things.

It is important to me to keep up with regular exercise and to find a diet that can most benefit me and my dysfunctional body. I would also like to meditate more frequently as I know it helps to calm my spirit.

I want to do better at supporting my children in the things they need. I need to either put James in a preschool or do better at doing it myself. I need to be better at organizing my schedule so that I can keep up with Baer's therapy and appointments.

I need to to better at keeping to my budget. Enough said.

I guess I can sum a lot of this up into: ORGANIZE MYSELF!!

And the list goes on....



As I was writing this list, I found myself wanting to write excuses to why I am not doing better at these things already. I'm not going to do that because I only know of a couple of perfect people and I am not included....yet ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl! I am needing to do everything on your list! Glad that you guys had a good trip and that you are back to blogging!

Deanna said...

I LOVE IT!!!! And I've missed you and your blog. :)

Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

Wow!! That looks like an overwhelming list!! It's good to see you back in the blogging world. Glad your trip was a good one!!

Braydan and Jessica said...

I'm with you on all those goals!

Lynn said...

Love your attitude and honesty. Great goals. Love you,
Mom