Tuesday, September 2, 2008

James's B-day Party!

While Spencer's parents came into town and we celebrated James's birthday on Saturday. He was SO ready! He was telling me all week that he wanted his soccer ball cake and I kept telling him that he had to wait until Grandma and Grandpa were here so he could share it with them. He of course made the cake (with a little help) and I decorated it.



Here it is! I ran out of green and didn't want to mix any more so I just put brown on the edges for mud/dirt.

Not 10 minutes after I finished the cake (Grandma & Grandpa had just arrived) James was too quiet. I asked what he was doing and he said "Um...Just eating cake" in his sing-song voice. He had been waiting long enough!

Grandma is a little camera shy. I wanted a picture of James & Grandma and this is what I got.

This is pretty cool, it's a motorcycle with wheels but it's a BOOK. Cool, huh? James loves motorcycles.

Cake is after gifts...he's waiting so patiently!

Gift from Grandma & Grandpa Bassett


It's a Lightning McQueen bag with all sorts of games in it like dominos, 3 different cards, bingo, and a few more. He loves it.
My Mom is very musically inclined and she has a tradition of giving harmonicas to her grandchildren. I wasn't sure what age she did that at but I was pleasantly surprised to see that he got one. He loves it.
Already a pro...
...and lovin' it!

I told James he could put the candles on wherever he wanted to. Look how straight he put them...and right on the top. I thought they'd be scattered.
Grandpa Jones playing the harmonica...he's got talent!
We lit the candles so that we could sing to him...before we got started he'd blown them out so we lit them again and told him he had to wait until we sing. Here his is waiting so patiently.
Make a wish!
(I bet I can guess what his wish was)
Finally!!! His wish comming true (if I assume correctly).
Check out that bite!

He has one more present that wasn't quite ready (charged) so it waited until Sunday.

10 comments:

Stacy and Matthew said...

Looks like you had fun! All I can say is WOW Jacks, you take awesome pictures! I wish you were here and then you could take our Christmas pictures!:(

Ashley Wray said...

You are quite the cake decorater! I'm so impressed, I just buy our bday cakes at the store! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Got to love the Jones'!

Katie said...

What a cute little man and I love the cake! Great job!

Deanna said...

That was such a cute cake for such a cute boy!!!

I LOVE your pictures!!! They're fabulous!!!

Daisie said...

Jackie! YOu are so talented! That cake is awesome! And James is such a cutie! We really do need to hang out soon!

Michelle said...

Wow, that cake turned out great!

Sherydon said...

What a cute cake. Its hard to put so much time in those cakes and have someone cut it up, but then when you see them enjoy it, its totaly worth it!!

The Bassetts said...

I love the story about James eating the cake before he was supposed to. What a patient boy! Looks like you had a ton of fun.

Shanda said...

Cute Cake & I LOVE the story! Poor kids! Its almost torture to make them a cake huh!? You did an awesome job!

Shannon said...

What an amazing cake! James is such a cute little guy. Great photos Jackie. How nice to have Grandparents there to share in the special festivities!!