Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Baer is such a content baby and it is such a blessing, especially with what he has been going through lately. He's trying to crawl and can't quite yet but you can see his determination. The past month or so he has thinned out a little which I think is good because he was so chubby I think it was hard for him to lift himself up. He is now doing so and is comming closer to achieving his milestones. He just got 2 teeth and has 2 more on the way. He's been in for vaccinations recently and to the eye doctor today at 8:30am and didn't get home until 11am. He has a 3rd nipple...not a big deal and we were pretty sure it was but it was confirmed, has an appointment with the pediatrist in August about his partial 6th toe, an MRI in May and the appointments that he has to do before-hand, another eye appointment, and a probable eye surgery!! Poor little tough guy!
So that is what we have been up to lately. Between Spencer's school & many tests lately, Baer's appointments, my schedule, and James being such a great brother & mess maker...it feels like we have been getting more and more behind on our house work. I have some back problems and had to stay in bed for a short while not too long ago. James and Baer were ANGELS [even more than usual :)]. James sat/laid/played next to me and with Baer while I stayed in bed as much as possible and got things for me when I needed them. He is such a great helper! I heard from someone not to long ago about a sign they have up that says something to the effect of... "If you have come to see ME, you are welcome anytime. If you have come to see MY HOUSE, you need to make an appointment." I like that, but I think I like this next one better that a friend of mine has... "A clean house is a sign of a boring woman." Spencer has been very wonderful though. He has been organizing/cleaning our basement/storage/work-out/computer area when he gets the chance. At first, I have to admit, I was wondering why that was more of a priority for him than the upstairs that people see if they come over. Now that it's almost done I can see how it helps with the rest of the house. I can put things down there that I don't need upstairs. It sure is nice when you have more places to put STUFF and to de-clutter the upstairs!
Sorry about lots of writing lately and no pictures! I'll try to get on that. :)

11 comments:

Sherydon said...

My goodness Jackie!! Im sorry you have had so much scary stuff going on!! I hope that your back is feeling better!! Your sons seem so sweet and loving!! What a sweethear of your husband to do all that cleaning and organizing!! I hope that everything works out for your cute little family!!! I liked your quotes about people coming over....i hate it with a passion when someone just shows up with out calling first!! I wish i was there to help so you could feel better!!!

Deanna said...

I'm with Sherydon - It would be nice if we were all a bit closer to help each other out!!! WOW! You've got a ton on your plate right now!!! I have NO room to complain! I admire you for keeping it all together, too!

P.S. I put your wonderful side-bar of gluten-free sites on my site and they're helping me out a ton! i'm trying not to bite off more than we can chew (no punn intended), but I wanted to thank you for having them there, for whatever reason, becasue they're helping me out!

Gertsch Family said...

I hope you are feeling better! It is so hard when mom is down with 2 little ones. I hope your little ones eyes are o.k. Griff has been in glasses since he turned 2. Eye problems are not fun. Tell Spencer Hi. Hope school is going good for him.

Unknown said...

Poor Baer! What a scary thing to look forward to. At least he is young enough he will not remember it. I hope you are feeling better soon, I hear you on the house thing, if I take one day off it takes me at three to get it caught up again, it can be over-whelming. Well good luck with everything, we are praying for you and your fam!

Katie said...

Jackie!! I am so sorry everything is happening at the same time! I wish we were still there to help out! Being a block away I would've come and taken the boys! So sorry...give us updates on precious Baer!

KyleandAmanda said...

Hello! I love your sayings about clean houses! I am sorry about Baer and all his appointments! I hope his eyes are ok!!! He is such a cutie! I love and miss you!!!! Talk to you soon!

Ashley Wray said...

Wow, you have been busy busy! I hope that you get feeling better and that Baer gets everything worked out. Don't worry if your house isn't perfect, sounds like Spencer doesn't mind pitching in and I'd let him do that all he wants!

Daisie said...

Hi Jackie! It was great to hear your update! Wow! Sounds like you guys have got it going on!! I hope your back is feeling better! I am sure that has been totally overwhelming! Your boys sound as adorable as ever! Can't wait to see you all again!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I am so with you on the whole cleaning the house thing. Our little apartment is getting so cluttered. I swear I clean it, and the next second it is a wreck. Lets make a deal that if you ever come over or if I ever come to your house we wont care about the messes because it looks like we are both slobs!

Sarah Oman said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! It sucks to be layed up. I can't imagine having to be layed up with two kids! The angels were hanging out with you those days.
You can sign me up in the "slob club", we don't even have excuses!.

Shannon said...

Wow Jackie! I had NO idea all this was happening in your life. Please let me know what I can do to help out. If you're like me you won't be calling, so I'll call you!!