Monday, March 3, 2008

Sharing a room

We finally put Baer in the same room with James this last week. His crib has a recall on it and I didn't want him in it until it was fixed. James has done pretty good with it, but some nights are better than others. Last night I had to go up a couple of times because James had turned on the light and got back into bed (he's not afraid of the dark, I think he wanted to be able to see Baer). Baer was fussier than usual and was having a hard time going to sleep. I heard James so I went up to make sure that he wasn't poking him or throwing stuffed animals & toys over the side of the crib and on Baer (he likes to share). As I was going up the stairs I hear James say "stop crying........stop crying". I opened the door and was surprised to find that James was still in his bed but was singing I am a Child of God to Baer...and he remembered almost all the words. I thought it was pretty cute.

4 comments:

Katie said...

THAT IS ADORABLE!! How sweet! Ok, when we put Spencer in with Livi, it was a little scary. Not that the older sibling would do anything on purpose, but you just never know! So, we had the monitor on..all the time, and STILL do! It has been over a year and a half and we still have that monitor on..we have just really grown attached to it. I don't know what we'll do when we separate them in their own rooms, get 2 monitors? ;)

Stacy and Matthew said...

That is so cute Jacks! I hope Bear starts sleeping better for you, Tristan is sleeping better for us. So far we have gotten 3 days in a row that he hasn't woke up in the night!

Michelle said...

That is adorable! James is such a sweet little boy.

Rapp Family said...

What a cute story! Our boys will share a room too and I'm nervous about how it will go. We'll see I guess. I'm sure your boys will get used to it really fast and I always LOVED sharing a room with my sisters, so they will appreciate always. Your boys are adorable!