Monday, October 15, 2007

October!

Isn't October just a FUN month? Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love carving pumpkins, decorating sugar cookies, making elaborate Halloween costumes, sitting in the hot tub in the cool weather, taking James trick-or-treating (and to Whole Foods for their activities and treats for Halloween), the parties, fall family portraits, the change in wardrobe, knitting scarves, and so on!
We have sure been busy! Spencer has been busy with school at Cleveland Chiropractic College...and studying! He's also building a bumper for Dad Bassett's new Jeep & for the winch...it's looking awesome!
James getting sooo smart! He turned 2 in August and he can already count to 10 in English and 5 in Spanish (further with help). He knows a few words in Spanish and Sign Language, some shapes, the basic colors, and of course...animals & sounds. He loves to read and to repeat everything we say, so he really picks up things fast! Oh, and he ADORES his new baby brother!!
Baer will be 3 months on the 24th and is growing soo fast! He already weighs 15 lbs and is barely over 2 feet long. He smiles and laughs and has cowlicks that make him have a natural mo-hawk...you should see it, it's pretty cute!
I am keeping busy at home with the boys! My hobbies [when I get time :)] include... singing (I now have a mini recording studio in my basement...needs put together though), dancing (I took ballroom for 8 months), amateur photography, photobooks (I'm not much of a scrapbooker and I have my own hard-bound binding machine, yay!), knitting, painting & crafts, cooking & baking for fun (not the daily stuff), and just about anything that has to do with any kind of arts! I miss MT for the obvious reasons...family, mountains, rock-climbing club, small town friends and activities...but I do like it here in Kansas. Just can't wait to make it back to MT for good (December 2009).
Well, this is starting to sound like a Christmas letter, so I'm going to leave it at that and maybe post up some pictures a little later :)
Thanks for taking a peek, Peace!

3 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

Jackie you need to put pictures up. I will comment again when you have pictures.

The Laidlaws said...

Jackie, I didn't know you started a blog! Me too! Seems everyone is getting onto blogspot, so I had to do it too. Our page is http://thelaidlaws.blogspot.com. I'm adding you to my page! Hope you are doing great and having a lovely day. =)

Lynn said...

Hi, I've been on a few times already. Sorry I can't comment every time, but I'll be checking in often. It makes me feel like I'm not compleeeetly missing out.

I'm glad you mentioned the videos. You're right, I had seen some of them, but I especially enjoyed the one of giggling Baer. Thank you soooooo much for sharing that. There's just nothing like the laughter and cooing of a baby. Thanks for being a SuperMom!

I also enjoyed Spencer's post. I'm sure pictures of the jeep will follow. How about the whole chiropractic thing?

Looking forward to pics of Halloween. Love you all the time,
Mom