Thursday, January 29, 2009

Routine Check ups

Whenever I tell James we have to go to the doctor now, he says "I don't want band-aids". That means that he doesn't want to get shots. I told him to tell the doctor that :) When we got there Baer was the only one who had to get a shot and it was only one. I asked the doctor if we could test Baer for Celiac Disease and she was like...."Yes...but why??" I responded "Because I HAVE IT" (We have had this conversations several times and it is in his chart).


So we went downstairs to the lab and got both of the boys' blood drawn (James had a routine lab and has already been tested for Celiac). Baer went first and just whimpered a second but James CRIED. When Daddy got home he told him that the girl "broke his arm" and that she took his blood with a "butterfly" and made up this huge story about all that his lady had "done". That part was pretty cute.


(Above: The "butterfly")

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That is cute what James said! Gotta love those shots. I am anxious to hear the results of the test.

Anonymous said...

james is quit the character!!!! i hope the test comes out for the good, we will be thinking and praying for you guys!!

Deanna said...

ohhhh. What a creative little mind! I bet it felt like she broke it! :)

Rapp Family said...

It's so hard to watch your kids go through any sort of pain! Especially the young ones. I had fun looking back at your blog. I love the Christmas photo that you did. Very creative! My dad let me have his old camera, which is really nice, and so I'm going to start learning how to take cool pictures like you. I'm always so impressed with the pictures of the boys. Good job!

KyleandAmanda said...

James is an adorable little boy! I wish that Kansas City and Louisville were closer! Our boys would have so much fun!