Monday, August 18, 2008

Baer's First Birthday

Baer's first birthday was July 24th and I didn't get around to posting pictures before I went on my trip so here they are. Sorry they are such POOR QUALITY!! I didn't know where my memory card was for my good cameras and so these are pretty much just crappy snap shots. Sorry Baer!


James wanted to make breakfast in the morning so here he is (in his underwear no less) helping with the scrambled eggs. He actually does a pretty good job.
Here is James making Baer's cake. I didn't do it from scratch this year since I wasn't eating any. I know, I'm selfish.

Right after I took the cake out of the oven, I turned around to set the cooling rack on the counter, turned around and James had taken a big ol' chunk out of the hot cake with the spatula. Luckily I caught him before he burned himself.

This is how the cake turned out.

This is Baer eating the cake (I know it's a horrible picture...we have better videos).

These are his gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Jones. I didn't get a picture of his gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Bassett but we do have a video.


That's it. We just did a low key family thing this year. Baer enjoyed it though and that's what is important!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome Cake! Great job, James and Mommy!
MomBa

Shannon said...

That cake is incredible. You have so many stinkin' talents!!

Silly Bassetts said...

Wow Jackie, you kill me. Yhat cake is awsome. See I figured out how to respond to blogs. Thank you!

swampbaby said...

Are you kidding me? "Selfish" and "crappy" are not words to describe that cake. Who says making a cake from scratch means there is more love that went into it, that it tastes better, or that you are a better mom because of it? I'll tell you something selfish - I would never take the time to pipe all that frosting on it to make it look like an awesome race car. I would have just bought one!